Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to go to Wintersweet's AutoShoujo Random Title Generator, pick a title, imagine a series/story based on that title, and to create a picture depicting the FRONT AND BACK COVER for either a DVD, manga, or book of the story you imagined. This should be your artwork, concept, and characters, not fan art or using anyone else's work.
The front cover should have the title you used on it, and the back cover should have a short blurb describing the story in such a way as to make people want to read or watch it. Look at the backs of manga, books, and DVDs to see how that's done. If the text is too small to read in the picture, also put it in the description.
Successful entries will be ones that show evidence in the art and back-cover blurb that the creator(s) has put thought into the story and characters. Technical skill is less important than making us want to read or watch this story!
1st prize: $30 gift certificate to Amazon.com, or dickblick.com, or cash via Paypal.
2nd prize: $20 gift certificate to Amazon.com, or dickblick.com, or cash via Paypal.
3rd prize: $10 gift certificate to Amazon.com, or dickblick.com, or cash via Paypal.
Deadline: Sunday, August 16th.
1. You may submit up to three entries, as long as they use different titles.
2. Collaborations welcome! However, if a collaboration wins first through third place, the prize will be divided among the people who collaborated: i.e., if Jane Li and Sabrina Schmidt collaborate on an entry and win the $30 first prize, Jane will get $15 and Sabrina will get $15.
3. The cover you make does not have to be the first in a series; for example, you could come up with a cover for volume 3 of a manga series if you wanted.
4. You can put the front and back cover in one picture, or make them two pictures and upload them separately.
5. Upload your picture to somewhere like DeviantArt, Photobucket, Flickr, Livejournal, etc. and EMAIL me, Telophase, the LINK to it at telophase14 (at) gmail (dot) com with AUTOSHOUJO ENTRY in the subject line. DO NOT send the image itself to me, just a link. (The subject line is just to help me find them in my inbox; you won't be disqualified if you get it wrong). Email is the best way to send it - if you send it via a note or comment on DeviantArt or LJ, I might miss it. If you have not received a "Got it, thanks!" reply within three days of sending it, email and ask if I've gotten it.
6. All entries will be listed on [link]. If you wish to have yours removed after the contest is over, please contact Telophase at telophase14 (at) gmail (dot) com.
7. If you have any questions, please ask!
8. The entries will be judged by a panel of three judges - Telophase, Wintersweet, and someone to be chosen shortly.